Robin Roberts: 'I'm Coming Home'















01/14/2013 at 09:25 AM EST



She's healthy and coming back to television soon!

"It's a matter of weeks, not months," Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts, speaking from her apartment, told viewers live on Monday's show. "I'm coming home."

Looking healthy and resplendent in purple, an emotional Roberts, 52, said she would be coming to work next week for what she described as a "dry run" – taking measure of where she goes on set, her stress level in the studio and her skin's reaction to the lights, all in preparation for a full return to the air.

"My last bone marrow aspiration showed no abnormalities – praise God," Roberts said to the delight of her GMA colleagues. "What all this means is, doctors were waiting for this information so that I can began the process of returning to the anchor chair."

She won't be hosting the program again immediately, but she is working up to that moment when she will – likely some time in February.

"I haven't been live on television since August," Roberts said. "My heart is beating so fast right now, but it means that I am alive. I am so grateful to be as inspired as I am. I can't wait 'til I get back."

Roberts's visit to the show came amid much excited speculation from fans that her permanent return was imminent. She underwent a bone marrow transplant on Sept. 20 after being diagnosed with a rare blood disorder, myelodysplastic syndrome. She has recently been recovering at home.

The anchor was fortunate that her sister, Sally-Ann Roberts, was not only willing to be her donor but was a perfect match. "I'm so happy. I'm so grateful," said Robin, who also demonstrated Monday that she hasn't lost her sense of humor.

Sporting her shorn look, Roberts noted that when she does her trial run next week, she'll be doing "hair and makeup." Pause. "Well, makeup," she said good-naturedly. "We'll talk about the hair later."

You're reading an article about
Robin Roberts: 'I'm Coming Home'
This article
Robin Roberts: 'I'm Coming Home'
can be opened in url
http://newstoxifera.blogspot.com/2013/01/robin-roberts-coming-home.html
Robin Roberts: 'I'm Coming Home'